Do you want to help young players improve their game skills, creativity, vision and passions for hockey? Do you want to help players develop good life skills and become individuals who are humble, take responsibility for themselves and demonstrate respect for themselves, their colleagues and their family.
Then you've come to the right place. Farmington Youth Hockey is always looking for good candidates to help shape the lives of our young athletes and improve their hockey skills.
1. Follow the following link to begin the coach registration process
2. Register with USA and Minnesota Hockey. Cost: $40 for USA Hockey, $10 for MN Hockey, $50 total
3. Provide the required information to FYHA for the coaches/locker room monitoring through the link below.
4. Complete the USA Hockey Coaching Education Program (CEP) Certification/Re-certification process by attending a classroom or online clinic. Typical Cost: $55
5. Complete the USA Hockey Online Age-Specific Module. Cost: $10
6. Complete the SafeSport Program Training. The training is comprised of short video segments that take approximately 90 minutes to complete, however, not all training needs to be completed in one session. The SafeSport Program Training is valid for 2 seasons. Effective 2020, SafeSport will be required yearly.
7. Complete a Background Screening. Screening is valid for 2 seasons. Effective 2020, there will be a $35 fee.
8. Once you complete the USA Hockey Coaching Education Program (CEP) Certification/Re-certification and Age-Specific Module, verify your CEP number and name is on the USA Hockey Online Certification List, that the expiration date is AFTER December 31st of the current year, and the code for the Age-Specific Module appears for your name.
9. Read the below USA Hockey Coaching Ethics Code and Minnesota Hockey District 8 Coaching Guidelines
10. Complete and provide certification forms for concussion training